“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
Let’s face it: feeling sad sucks. Whether it’s a death in the family, or a relationship that ends in a bitter and painful breakup, heartbreak is inevitable. And life can be pretty unfair.
Sometimes depression is just a funk you go through that can’t quite be explained. All of sudden you have no energy for anything or you’re obsessed with listening to music and looking at photos you know will make you cry. I think it’s safe to say we’ve all been there before.
The key to overcoming it is knowing when to wallow in your own misery and when to dust yourself off and try again – in the immortal words of Aaliyah.
Sometimes what you really need are the words you can’t find yourself. Those heartfelt conversations with friends, the lyrics to the perfect song, or an inspirational quote that lets us know you aren’t alone. Something that confirms that others have been there before and most importantly made it through.
So with that said, this collection is for those moments when a few great life quotes about love and friendship can help us see light at the end of the tunnel.
So print them out, put them up on your walls and let them inspire you to keep moving forward.
- “A good laugh and long sleep are the two best cures for anything.” – Irish Proverb
Our Thoughts: Sometimes it really is that simple.
- “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
Our Thoughts: History has proven that in the end, good will always overcome.
- “All good things must come to an end, but all bad things can’t continue forever.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts:You will never be as sad for as long as you think. It’s all cyclical
- “The word ‘happiness’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Gustav Jung
Our Thoughts: There’s no better way to say this. Balance is what makes life worth living.
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” – Mark Twain
Our Thoughts: Sometimes death is a powerful reminder of how we should be living. It should motivate us to maximize the time we have on earth so as Tecumseh tells us, we can pass with no regrets.
- “The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.” – Seneca
Our Thoughts: Something greater is beyond this life. What do need to understand it to believe it.
More: 30 Classic Blair Waldorf Quotes
- “I’m not afraid of death because I don’t believe in it. It’s just getting out of one car, and into another” – John Lennon
Our Thoughts: Lennon tries to point out that we shouldn’t fear what we don’t know. Because death could be the beginning of something similar.
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss
Our Thoughts: Could this be any more true? This is the most glass half full quote ever.
- “They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
Our Thoughts: It’s natural to feel this way. Just know that it will get easier everyday.
- “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds– but I think of you always in those intervals.” ― Salvador Plascencia
Our Thoughts: Time can sometimes feel like it has stopped when we are lonely or dealing with pain.
- “Sometimes the girl who’s always been there for everyone else needs someone to be there for her.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: It’s ok to breakdown. None of us can be strong all of the time.
- Saying someone can’t be sad because someone else may have it worse is just like saying someone can’t be happy because someone else might have it better.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Don’t feel guilty for like crap. It doesn’t make you selfish or show that you lack perspective. Sometimes we just want to acknowledge that things aren’t going well for us. We should never feel guilty about that.
- “Don’t cry over someone who wouldn’t cry over you.” ― Lauren Conrad
Our Thoughts: Don’t waste those tears. Not everyone is worth it.
- “Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.” ― José N. Harris
Our Thoughts: It’s more than ok to cry: it’s therapeutic. Don’t ever feel bad about that.
- “Tears are words that need to be written.” ― Paulo Coelho
Our Thoughts – Sometimes just writing down how you feel at the moment can be exactly what you need.
- “There are two types of people in the world: those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone.” ― Nicole Krauss
Our Thoughts: Deal with your emotions the way you see fit. There is no right or wrong way.
- “It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.” – Henry Rollins
Our Thoughts: It’s never easy saying goodbye. But sometimes it’s the best thing for us.
- “If you see a friend without a smile; give him one of yours.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Sometime the way to make yourself happy is to start with someone else.
- “Thank you for breaking my heart, because without that I wouldn’t be the person I am today with the person I love.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Sometimes having our hearts broken allow us to treat the next person the way we would have wanted to be treated. As painful as it may have been, there’s a valuable lesson there.
- “Your heart is the most precious part of you, never donate it to someone who doesn’t appreciate it.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: Don’t love anything that won’t love you back.
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates/Drake
Our Thoughts: This is the unfortunate truth of life in some cases. Understand that you will get past this.
- “Everyone in life is gonna hurt you, you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.” – Bob Marley
Our Thoughts: It’s impossible to fully commit to love without feeling some pain. Be cautious with whom you allow to hurt you.
- “Never long for anyone from the past. There is a reason why they never made it to your future.” – Unknown
Our Thoughts: When dealing with relationships always look forward. The past should only be used to serve as lesson for the future.
- “The idea is to die young as late as possible.” – Ashley Montagu
Our Thoughts: Our goal should be to feel as young as we can for as long as we can.
- “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have. “ – Louis E. Boone
Our Thoughts: Sometimes the things we have lost keep make us feel as though we shouldn’t try again. We should never convince ourselves of this.
Link to original article: click here