Jim Carrey is one of the greatest comedians to have ever step foot on the Earth, but first he had to go through a lot to earn his success. When he was younger he became homeless for a while after his father lost his job and as a result he had to live in a minivan parked on a relative’s lawn. Even through the darkest times he believed in the law of attraction. Jim Carrey is a firm believer that the universe does listen to our wishes and that if we work hard for them, they are attainable.
He used to visualize how directors and fans praised him because they were enjoying his work. By the age of 28, he was still a struggling comedian he decided to write himself a check for 10 million dollars and gave himself 5 years to cash it in. He kept the check in his wallet almost 4 years – until July 1995, when he found that that he would be making 10 million$ for his role in Dumb and Dumber.
Here are 16 outstanding Jim Carrey quotes.
16 Jim Carrey Quotes That Will Change How You Look at Life
- “Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them or you stay afraid of taking them.”– Jim Carrey
- “I learned many great lessons from my father, not the least of which, was that you can fail at what you don’t want so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love. ”– Jim Carrey
- “Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period. If you ain’t desperate at some point, you ain’t interesting.” – Jim Carrey
- “Either you’re the one erasing or you’re the one being erased.” – Jim Carrey
- “My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh.” – Jim Carrey
- “I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.” – Jim Carrey
- “People need motivation to do anything. I don’t think human beings learn anything without desperation.” – Jim Carrey
- “Maybe other people will try to limit me but I don’t limit myself.” – Jim Carrey
- “Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don’t let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory.” – Jim Carrey
- “As far as I can tell, it’s just about letting the universe know what you want and then working toward it while letting go of how it comes to pass.”
- “If you’ve got a talent, protect it.” – Jim Carrey
Suggested reading: 31 Greatest Napoleon Bonaparte Quotes To Make You Great
- “My soul is not contained within the limits of my body. My body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul.” – Jim Carrey
- “If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.” – Jim Carrey
- “It is better to risk starving to death than surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what’s left?” – Jim Carrey
- “Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them or you stay afraid of taking them.” – Jim Carrey
- “I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ’Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.” – Jim Carrey
- “So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach so we never dare to ask the universe for it. I’m the proof that you can ask the universe for it.” – Jim Carrey
Like and share if you loved this article, also let us know in the comments below which is your favorite Jim Carrey movie? And did you know that he is a painter as well?
Link to original article: click here