This collection of Meditation quotes is all about getting you motivated to pause, relax and focus on the present.
In a world with more distractions than ever, it can be increasingly difficult to focus on the present. It takes effort and practice to resist predicting the future and/or dwelling on the past. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, you can do everything from following specific types of meditation like Sahaja to choosing a specific focus like mindfulness, yoga or transcendentalism.
No matter what road you choose to pursue, there are many benefits to doing so. Meditation can help with everything from reducing stress and improving concentration to better cardio and immune system health. If you need further proof of either, try here or here.
Below are some of our favorite quotes about meditation, yoga and mindfulness, and we’re pretty confident they will inspire you as well.
The 25 Best Meditation Quotes for Conquering Anxiety and Living In the Moment
1) “I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love, for love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith, but the faith and the love are all in the waiting. Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought: So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.” – T.S. Eliot
2) “Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens” – Tony DeLiso
3) “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
4) “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
5) “It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters,” – Amit Ray
6) “I’m simply saying that there is a way to be sane. I’m saying that you can get rid of all this insanity created by the past in you. Just by being a simple witness of your thought processes.It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the moment you judge you have lost the pure witness. The moment you say “this is good, this is bad,” you have already jumped onto the thought process.It takes a little time to create a gap between the witness and the mind. Once the gap is there, you are in for a great surprise, that you are not the mind, that you are the witness, a watcher.And this process of watching is the very alchemy of real religion. Because as you become more and more deeply rooted in witnessing, thoughts start disappearing. You are, but the mind is utterly empty.That’s the moment of enlightenment. That is the moment that you become for the first time an unconditioned, sane, really free human being.” – Osho
7) “Through my love for you, I want to express my love for the whole cosmos, the whole of humanity, and all beings. By living with you, I want to learn to love everyone and all species. If I succeed in loving you, I will be able to love everyone and all species on Earth… This is the real message of love.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
8) “One thing: you have to walk, and create the way by your walking; you will not find a ready-made path. It is not so cheap, to reach to the ultimate realization of truth. You will have to create the path by walking yourself; the path is not ready-made, lying there and waiting for you. It is just like the sky: the birds fly, but they don’t leave any footprints. You cannot follow them; there are no footprints left behind.” – Osho
9) “ifthe oceancan calm itself,so can you.weare bothsalt watermixed withair.” – Nayyirah Waheed
10) “The problem with introspection is that it has no end.” – Philip K. Dick
11) “Nobody can say anything about you. Whatsoever people say is about themselves. But you become very shaky, because you are still clinging to a false center. That false center depends on others, so you are always looking to what people are saying about you. And you are always following other people, you are always trying to satisfy them. You are always trying to be respectable, you are always trying to decorate your ego. This is suicidal. Rather than being disturbed by what others say, you should start looking inside yourself…Whenever you are self-conscious you are simply showing that you are not conscious of the self at all. You don’t know who you are. If you had known, then there would have been no problem— then you are not seeking opinions. Then you are not worried what others say about you— it is irrelevant!When you are self-conscious you are in trouble. When you are self-conscious you are really showing symptoms that you don’t know who you are. Your very self-consciousness indicates that you have not come home yet.” – Osho
12) “The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace. With each step, the wind blows. With each step, a flower blooms.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
13) “Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.” – Amit Ray
14) “I have lived with several Zen masters — all of them cats.” – Eckhart Tolle
15) “To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.” – Buddha
16) “With me, illusions are bound to be shattered. I am here to shatter all illusions. Yes, it will irritate you, it will annoy you – that’s my way of functioning and working. I will sabotage you from your very roots! Unless you are totally destroyed as a mind, there is no hope for you.” – Osho
17) “Happiness is part of who we are. Joy is the feeling” – Tony DeLiso
18) “Yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind and soul.” – Amit Ray
19) “To understand the immeasurable, the mind must be extraordinarily quiet, still.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
20) “There are those hearts, reader, that never mend again once they are broken. Or if they do mend, they heal themselves in a crooked and lopsided way, as if sewn together by a careless craftsman. Such was the fate of Chiaroscuro. His heart was broken. Picking up the spoon and placing it on his head, speaking of revenge, these things helped him to put his heart together again. But it was, alas, put together wrong.” – Kate DiCamillo
21) “Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.” – Patañjali
22) “Om is not just a sound or vibration. It is not just a symbol. It is the entire cosmos, whatever we can see, touch, hear and feel. Moreover, it is all that is within our perception and all that is beyond our perception. It is the core of our very existence. If you think of Om only as a sound, a technique or a symbol of the Divine, you will miss it altogether. Om is the mysterious cosmic energy that is the substratum of all the things and all the beings of the entire universe. It is an eternal song of the Divine. It is continuously resounding in silence on the background of everything that exists.” – Amit Ray
23) “Meditation is a way for nourishing and blossoming the divinity within you.” – Amit Ray
24) “You are a cosmic flower. Om chanting is the process of opening the psychic petals of that flower.” – Amit Ray
25) “Moments before sleep are when she feels most alive, leaping across fragments of the day, bringing each moment into the bed with her like a child with schoolbooks and pencils. The day seems to have no order until these times, which are like a ledger for her, her body full of stories and situations.” – Michael Ondaatje
Originally Written by :Emily Cole
Link to original article: click here